Sunday, February 16, 2014


Glass - it's more than just bird feeders

Collecting glass has become so easy and interesting.  Readily available are incredible glass pieces from all over the world, that you might not otherwise ever come across.  Etsy, is a great place to find vintage glass.  A few sellers that I have recently purchased glass bottles for my collection are:


Recommended because they all run their shops professionally - great communicators, quick shipping and expertly packed.  They also sell more than glass.

Most of the new additions are in this part of my kitchen.  On the right there is a new bright green, and 2 new blues.  On the left a short lavender and a red bottle were added.  




6 comments:

  1. Julie ~ I now want to start placing my own collection above my cabinets in my kitchen!! Love the look of this

    -Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee - I recently took mine down to wash them a few weeks ago and realized I had a few gaps. So I headed to Etsy to find more. The sellers I listed are really fabulous, if you are looking to add.

      Delete
  2. Adorable collection of vintage glassware, Julie. And fabulously displayed in a gorgeous kitchen. Thanks for sharing with us!

    Love From Texas,
    Katy with Sue Ellen's Flair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Katy - That bright green one on the left is one I got from you. The clear one purchased from you is on the other side of the kitchen - with the rest of the collection

      Delete
  3. My grandma had a large, sunny kitchen window where she put her colored glass bottles, and also clear glass bottles that she filled with colored water. It was like stained glass--so pretty! Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VLW - thanks for sharing that sweet memory. Glass bottles are just so lovely and can be admired from lots of different places.

      Delete